Thursday, November 17, 2011

The French Press

The french press coffee maker is officially my favorite investment this fall! The coffee it yields is so much more flavorful and aromatic than a regular drip-brewed coffee maker. Why? Because the direct contact of coffee and water traps the essential oils and flavor that is otherwise lost in the paper filters of regular coffee makers. 

To brew the coffee, I start off by stirring the ground coffee and boiling water together in the beaker, let it brew/steep for 4-5 minutes, then press the plunger to trap the coffee grounds towards the bottom of the beaker. I use my favorite standard coffee which is Starbucks Expresso Roast whole beans. To prepare it, I add to the coffee a tbsp of condense milk and a tbsp of milk in a medium sized mug or tumbler. Topped with some whipped cream or milk froth and you have a yummy concoction!

So what are you waiting for? Join the bandwagon, get it at Amazon.com for $19, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment