Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Apartment



Today marks the third day at my new townhouse. Besides some missing furnitures that we still have to move over on Tuesday, we've had mostly everything unpacked and neatly arranged. I'm glad to say that the apartment looks tidy and well decorated, and I'm feeling amazingly content right now. I'd have my zen moments in the new kitchen cooking dinner for RJ, Tunhi, and James. We'd then sat down in the living room, put on some nice music, light up the laserpod, and just enjoy each other's company and the food. I made chicken curry last night and crispy tilapia with corn and mashed sweet potatoes today. It's the perfect relaxing atmosphere I've always wanted to come home to.

Today I drove around town to buy the little household items that we still needed. It's amazing how I find joy in the tiniest things. For example, the kitchenware isle at Walmart could peak my interest for at least half an hour as I browse the store. Since the moving rush in Gainesville, the work desk that I've had my eyes on were out of stock. I finally found it in the Walmart across town. Once home, I sat down for the next hour to screw the parts together myself. Needless to say, I feel pretty acomplished. In the evening, RJ and I would go for a swim in the luke warm, sparkling pool. When the summer heat dies down and the days get breezier, I plan to spend more time by the pond, feeding the turtles, and reading a book on the swingset. The puzzle pieces are finally starting to fall into place right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment